SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for DAMAGING WIND, FLASH FLOODING and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in the Herbert & Lower Burdekin and parts of the Northern Tropical Coast & Tablelands, Northern Goldfields & Upper Flinders, Central Coast & Whitsundays and Central Highlands & Coalfields Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:16 PM Friday, 30 November 2007.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, very heavy rainfall, flash flooding and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Rollingstone, Charters Towers, Bowen, Townsville, Collinsville, Ingham, Pentland, Ayr, Cardwell and Tully. The Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
How exciting. I’m at home, the alcohol is chilling and I’m waiting for nature’s show. All I’ve seen so far is the occasional fat drop of rain….